Guy’s Burger Joint, Cocktail Pharmacy-Themed Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina Mexican Eatery, Among Diverse Array of New Shipboard Options
Carnival Imagination will undergo an extensive multi-million-dollar renovation that will add a variety of exciting new food and beverage concepts.
The new spaces will be added during a three-week dry dock taking place Sept. 4-25, 2016. Following the makeover, Carnival Imagination will resume its year-round schedule of three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, Calif. The new additions will include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
- Blue Iguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
- Red Frog Rum Bar, a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, Thirsty Frog Red
- Alchemy Bar, a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
- Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
- Cherry On Top, the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
These terrific new venues complement the ship’s hugely popular array of on-board features that live up to the line’s motto of “Fun for All, All for Fun,” including a Water Works aqua park with a 300-foot-long Twister slide, the Serenity adults-only retreat with oversized umbrellas and comfortable chaise lounges and the exclusive Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
Carnival Imagination operates year-round three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach. On this route, three-day cruises depart Thursdays and visit Ensenada while four-day voyages depart Sundays and call at Ensenada and Catalina Island.
Carnival is the only cruise line to operate three ships year-round from the West Coast. In addition to Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration operates three- and four-day Baja cruises and Carnival Miracle offers week-long Mexican Riviera voyages. Together these three ships carry more than 550,000 guests from Long Beach – the most of any cruise operator.